Potato cheese waffles
- 200g peeled and grated potatoes
- 1 egg
- 50g grated cheese
- 25g flour
- chopped parsley & thyme
- salt and pepper
- Turn the waffle iron on (to make it hot for the moment the waffle dough is ready).
- Squeeze the grated potatoes in your hands to extract as much water as you can.
- Mix the grated potatoes with the other ingredients (salt, pepper, egg, grated cheese, parsley, thyme and flour).
- Pour a full tablespoon in each section of the waffle iron. Close and cook until waffles get a nice golden color.
This is a simple recipe, found on the blog ‘Recette pour mon bento‘. The original list of ingredients included butter and fresh cream, but I did not use those in my recipe… and it’s still delicious! I even tried another version by replacing some of the potatoes by mashed pumpkin! This way, I got colorful and smooth salted waffles!