20 avril 2015 - Étiquettes : bento cups, bread, Japan, vegetarian
Brioche for karepan (8 buns)
- 140gr flour
- 25gr melted butter
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tsp dehydrated yeast
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 50ml hot water
- 25ml milk
- 1 pinch of salt
(1 egg + panko)
- Mix flour with a pinch of salt, then add sugar and yeast. Mix again.
- Pour the water and milk mixed in the egg. Add the melted butter and work the dough until it becomes smooth and soft (10-15 minutes).
- Form a ball and let it rest under a kitchen cloth for + -30 min (the dough must double in volume).
- Then kneat the dough again to expel the gas and then divide it into 8 equal parts. Form balls.
- Flatten them one by one using a pie pin on a well floured surface.
- In the center, place about 1 or 2 tablespoons of Japanese curry, then carefully close the karepan (by collapsing and crushing the edges).
- Let rest the buns under a kitchen cloth another 10 min. Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or in a deep fryer (180°C).
- Roll the karepan in beaten egg and then in panko (and press on each bun so the panko stick to their surface).
- Cook karepan gently in hot oil and return from time to time until they swell and take a nice golden color.